Geraldton Property Team relies on happy tenants as much as it does happy owners. We are extremely proud to acknowledge that the greater percentage of our tenants are wonderful, that they pay their rent on time and leave the property in excellent condition when they vacate. However, in an effort to reduce any possible problems we have addressed below, the most common areas of concern. Only tenants who are willing to comply with these guidelines, should apply for rental properties.
1. Rent is to be paid in advance at all times. Failure to comply will result in the issue of a Notice of Breach of Agreement or Notice of Termination for Non-Payment of Rent on day 2 of arrears. Our instructions give us no ability to negotiate on this item.
2. Regardless of it being a visit, pet-sitting, short or long term, pets are not permitted to be at the premises at any time unless you have specific approval from the owner through Geraldton Property Team as the managing Agent.
3. Conduct on premises relates not only to you but also your visitors. Please ensure you do not cause a nuisance, unreasonable noise or discomfort to those residing close to you. Should this occur you will be issued with an immediate Notice of Breach or a Notice of Termination.
4. Items relating to cleanliness refer to not only the home but also the grounds. It is our view that any item of the property that could be improved with the use of cleaning products is technically “not clean” and must be brought up to a clean standard. This also includes swimming pools during both summer and winter.
5. Lawns and gardens are to be maintained in a condition not less than how you received them at the commencement of your tenancy. Please be aware that we do conduct regular “drive by” inspections throughout each tenancy. Should the property look at all neglected you will be issued with the relevant Notice of Breach.
6. Periodic Inspections are conducted at regular intervals (always after notification from us in writing). The initial inspection is in the first 6 weeks of tenancy, then quarterly thereafter. It is not necessary for you to be in attendance and therefore we will use our file key to gain entry. Should you wish to be there please ensure you are available in the time frame we specify on the Notice of Intended Inspection. Our Property Managers are bound by strict time constraints and cannot change inspection times or inspect after hours.
7. Maintenance of the property is very important to the owners and ourselves as the Managing Agents. Should any appliance in the property need repair or maintenance or if you encounter any problems or damage please advise this office immediately. Complaints are to be in writing however emergency items (ie. Non-working hot water service, gas leak, sewerage leak) may be advised by telephone. NOTE: If a gas hot water service needs re-lighting, this is the responsibility of the tenant.
8. When we come to the end of your Tenancy Agreement, it is an offence under Section 52 of the Residential Tenancies Act to intentionally use your Security Bond to pay the rent. That means you must continue to make your rental payments until your Tenancy actually ends. Failure to comply can see you face a statutory $1000.00 fine.
9. Please be aware when you are looking to move again one of the questions asked on the application will be “Who was your previous Managing Agent?” We look forward to being in a position to recommend you for your next tenancy.